We are finally getting our first proper snowstorm of the winter and the boys are super excited. Snow day!
This hot cocoa is the number one thing that the kids request when they go outside for a snow day in the wintertime.
This is another recipe where it is easy to make a large batch and store the rest in the fridge for another day (or one hour later when you decide that you want another cup of steaming awesomeness!).
Joe and I actually prefer to combine the hot cocoa with equal part coffee for a sort of homemade mocha pick-me-up. In fact, I am enjoying a mug of it right now. Yum…..
As with the Cinnamon Ginger Comfort Tea, this recipe contains cinnamon, ginger, and honey – all of which are super healthy for your immune system.
[However, due to the risk of botulism, never give honey to a child under the age of one.]
- 2 cups milk of your choice (cow, soy, rice, almond, coconut) or water
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Warm milk and honey in a pot over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder, cinnamon, and ginger, stirring constantly until completely incorporated. Serve warm.
Here are some more pictures from our snow day…hope you are warm and cozy wherever you are today!